Does regmap-i2c not automatically switch to I2C mux?

www ouyangxuan10 at 163.com
Wed Jan 12 03:18:21 EST 2022

Dear all,

Does regmap-i2c not automatically switch to I2C mux?
Add i2c-device(the driver use regmap-i2c) under i2c-mux on a i2c bus, set i2c-mux to another channel, then cat the node under /sys/class/hwmon/xxx, cannot get the value from the i2c-device.  when use another i2c-device( not use regmap in driver) get value from i2c-device, this error will not occur.

Does the device driver need any special settings when using regmap?
Does anyone know why?

thanks,
Byron