make menuconfig and make j$(nproc) throwing errors

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 07:02:55 EST 2022

<snip>

> > Greg, now make complains it requires 'flex' ?
>
> Yes, please install that.

Done and first compile went smooth took slightly over 40 minutes and below
is the second run...

aruna at debian:/media/aruna/linux-next/home/linux-5.16.10$ time make
-j$(nproc)
  DESCEND objtool
  CALL    scripts/atomic/check-atomics.sh
  CALL    scripts/checksyscalls.sh
  CHK     include/generated/compile.h
Kernel: arch/x86/boot/bzImage is ready  (#1)

real 0m20.783s     [ pre-compiled kernel ]
user 0m54.987s
sys 0m12.117s

Now I have to install and start praying :-)

For anyone who may  be interested I had to install these to get things
going:
build-essential
libncurses-dev
libssl-dev