large global static arrays

Ani Sinha ani at anisinha.ca
Thu Dec 15 01:51:46 EST 2022

On Thu, Dec 15, 2022 at 12:12 PM Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 15, 2022 at 12:01:37PM +0530, Ani Sinha wrote:

> > > Yes.

> > > As they are not on the stack, they are fine.  See the kernel source for
> > > lots of examples of this.
> >
> > Can you point me to one?
>
> You can search the source tree as easily as I can, so I'll leave it as
> an "exercise for the reader" to complete :)

Yes, I was not trying to be lazy. I did a quick look around and I did
not find a good example. That prompted me to subscribe to this list
and ask the question here (I sent an email earlier without
subscription and it did not go anywhere). When you said there are lots
of examples, I was curious. Maybe I looked in the wrong places. I will
look again.