System does not start with kernel from staging-testing pulled 3hours ago

Philipp Hortmann philipp.g.hortmann at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 17:34:42 EDT 2022

On 4/15/22 21:43, Ozgur Karatas wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 11:12 PM Philipp Hortmann
> <philipp.g.hortmann at gmail.com <mailto:philipp.g.hortmann at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I found the error.
>
>     I changed something in a driver that lead to this issue.
>

> Hey, we are glad to hear that but hmm it would be nice to have a little
> howto content.
> You're welcome.
>
> Regards
>
>     Thanks for your support.
>
>     Bye Philipp

Hi,

this morning I started with git pull.
As I did not wanted to spend the time for compiling I changed some lines
in the driver vt6655. This driver is blacklisted on my system. So it is
not loaded on start. I thought that even when there is an error in my
changes that this would not influence the build of the kernel at all.
But that was wrong. I had build a broken kernel.

After some time I recognized the change and rewind it. Then I recompiled
without any changes.

Now it works.

Sorry for disturbance...

Bye Philipp