Can't understand /proc/interrupts output for GICv3 case

Chan Kim ckim at etri.re.kr
Tue Apr 12 02:51:24 EDT 2022

Hi Greg KH and all,

I found how to find the irq number in my case! (char driver kernel module)
I want to share it for reference to others.

add these two header files for this.
#include <linux/irq.h>
#include <linux/irqdesc.h>

extern struct irq_desc *irq_to_desc(unsigned int irq);
struct irq_desc *desc;

in the module _init function :

// find my irq number
    for(i=0;i<NR_IRQS;i++){
        desc = irq_to_desc(i);
        if (desc) {
            //printk("irq_desc(%d)->irq_data.hwirq = %ld\n", i,
desc->irq_data.hwirq);
            if (desc->irq_data.hwirq == 47) break; // 47 is the hwirq
number, (SPI 15)
        }
    }
    if (i == NR_IRQS) {
        printk("couldn't find irq number..\n");
        goto r_device;
    }

    ret = request_irq(i, axpu_irq_handler, IRQF_SHARED, "axpu_irq",
&axpu_cdev);

This way I could find the correct irq number on ubuntu and vanilla linux.
Hope this is helpful to someone. (anyway you know the hardware connection so
you can use it)
Thank you!

Chan Kim