Can't understand /proc/interrupts output for GICv3 case

Chan Kim ckim at etri.re.kr
Mon Apr 11 09:13:42 EDT 2022

Hi, Greg K-H,
Thanks for replyaing.

> You ask the system for it.  It depends on the bus type your driver is
> written for for how to do this.
>
> For example, if you have a platform driver, you would call
> platform_get_irq().  If you are a pci driver, the irq for your device is
> already stored in the pci device structure passed into your probe
function.

> What bus type is your driver written for?

That sounds very logical. In my case I added it to system bus.
This is the qemu code making fdt.

static void create_ab21q_axpu_device(const Ab21qMachineState *vms)
{
    char *nodename;
    printf("create_ab21q_axpu_device called!\n");
    hwaddr base = vms->memmap[AB21Q_AXPU].base;
    hwaddr size = vms->memmap[AB21Q_AXPU].size;
    int irq = vms->irqmap[AB21Q_AXPU];
    const char compat[] = "ab21q-axpu";

    sysbus_create_simple("ab21q-axpu", base, qdev_get_gpio_in(vms->gic,
irq));

    nodename = g_strdup_printf("/ab21q_axpu@%" PRIx64, base);
    qemu_fdt_add_subnode(vms->fdt, nodename);
    qemu_fdt_setprop(vms->fdt, nodename, "compatible", compat,
sizeof(compat));
    qemu_fdt_setprop_sized_cells(vms->fdt, nodename, "reg", 2, base, 2,
size);
    qemu_fdt_setprop_cells(vms->fdt, nodename, "interrupts",
                           GIC_FDT_IRQ_TYPE_SPI, irq,
                           GIC_FDT_IRQ_FLAGS_LEVEL_HI);
    qemu_fdt_setprop_cell(vms->fdt, nodename, "interrupt-parent",
vms->gic_phandle);

    g_free(nodename);
}

I understand it creates the device axpu and connects its irq output to a
gpio input connected to gic interrupt controller.
But this driver is not in the form of platform device/driver. (a char
device). What function should I use to get the irq number in this case?
I couldn't find a function with a likely name in the tags file for linux
source.(5.4.188)

Thanks a lot!
Chan Kim