thrashing on format %u vs size_t arg

Bernd Petrovitsch bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
Wed Sep 15 17:44:21 EDT 2021

On 15/09/2021 18:20, jim.cromie at gmail.com wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 10:47 PM Bernd Petrovitsch
> <bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at> wrote:
>>
>> On 15/09/2021 00:38, jim.cromie at gmail.com wrote:
>>> I will cast and be done with it
>>
>> Or you use - like everyone else - "%zu" as format
>> specifier.
>>
>> Read `man 3 printf` for more - the Kernel's printk
>> implements almost all of it.
>
> thank you, Id never seen %zu.
> failure of imagination I guess.

For me it was - ages ago;-) - more like "never worked
on portability between 32bit and 64bit" ....

>> [ Fullquote deleted - please don't do that ]
>
> I dont understand this -
> I did top-post (using my phone, not "native" email, mea culpa)

No one cares which MUA you use in whatever way - the email
should be readable.

And top-posting is exactly the "please don't do that" and produces
the full-quote below.
[...]

MfG,
	Bernd
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
      There is NO CLOUD, just other people's computers. - FSFE
                      LUGA : http://www.luga.at