Mushahid Hussain mushi.shar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 11:28:51 EDT 2021

>There's another number, set during the kernel build, that tells the
kernel what address it should expect to be loaded at.

Thank you for the reply. I have added a linker script specifying the same
load address as one one config.txt. The simple kernel(hello world) is only
able to run, when both addresses(in linker script and config.txt) are
0x80000. I don't know how that number can be set during the build other
than in the linker script. I would love to know about it. Can you point me
towards the resources to learn about it?

>You need to find some way to ensure that the boot loader and the initial
part
of the kernel (the one that proceeds to unpack the rest of the kernel, set
up
KASLR, and relocation if neded) agree on what address things start off at.

How can I set the load address for the initial part of the kernel other
than in the linker script?

--
Mushahid Hussain