Adding a new scheduler to the kernel

J Mårtensson martensson.jacob at gmail.com
Thu May 13 17:11:30 EDT 2021

Hi,

I am trying to develop a modified version of CFS. After following
several examples online, I am wondering two things.
First, how do I add the new scheduler after the removal of .next in
the sched_class? I have tried adding it to the SCHED_DATA in
/include/asm-generic/vmlinux.lds.h. Is this the correct place or do I
need to make more changes?

Second, the modified kernel will compile without a problem but will
refuse to launch in grub, is there any way I can debug it on an older
working kernel or use other appropriate methods? As it stands now it
will just show a black screen after "Loading initial ramdisk ..." . I
do not get any further information after removing "quiet splash".

Regards
Jacob