question about ioport_map function

ckim at etri.re.kr ckim at etri.re.kr
Sun Mar 21 22:25:30 EDT 2021

Oh my question contains discrepancy.

My real question is whether the output of ioport_map is physical or virtual.
(I'm confused)

I know for systems with memory mapped I/O, we can just use
request_mem_region, ioremap (maps to virtual address), plain memory access
for the peripheral. (the page table sets the area as uncacheable because
it's IO devices)

Thanks!

Chan Kim