Query: UBIFS: How to detect empty volumes

Steve deRosier derosier at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 14:28:47 EDT 2021

On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 6:52 AM Pintu Agarwal <pintu.ping at gmail.com> wrote:
> But, it might be possible that some developer may miss/skip this
> firmware copying part, thus

This is your root problem.

If your build system requires any "magic incantations" such that it is
even possible that a developer can miss a step and result in this
situation, you *must* solve this problem.  I don't know what you're
doing, but honestly, this shouldn't be much more than adding a line or
two into a Makefile or build.sh script.  Fix this first.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing for your on-target flashing system to
sanity check the images, but that will never fix a broken process. Fix
the broken process.

- Steve