My effort to learn Linux kernel development

Amit Kumar free.amit.kumar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 10:17:39 EDT 2021

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 5:24 PM Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jul 2021, Amit Kumar wrote:
>
> ... lots of stuff snipped ...
>
> > Thanks for your words. I kindly request your mentorship. So that it
> > will be easy for me to make my blog
> > (https://freeark1blog.blogspot.com) as a gateway to the Linux kernel
> > development.
>
>   i dropped gregkh from this response as i don't think he's interested
> in any followup, so here's my thoughts.
>
>   i checked out a couple articles at your blog and i'm not trying to
> be harsh, but there's very little useful content there. aside from the
> numerous spelling mistakes, the articles are extremely superficial
> and, in many cases, are imprecise to the point where it's not clear
> what you're even trying to say.
>
>   here's an example:
>
> "Kernel is like the kernel of a nut. It is a bit difficult for an
> application program to interact with the kernel directly i.e. it will
> be a time consuming task to write an application program with the help
> of the kernel only."
>
>   i have no idea what that means, or what point you're trying to get
> across, and most of the articles there are like that. if you want to
> keep writing, that's great, do whatever you enjoy, but you're being
> wildly optimistic if you want to describe your blog as a "gateway to
> linux kernel development."
>
>   if i were you, i would do less writing, and way more reading. again,
> i'm not trying to discourage you, but you really need to set your
> expectations appropriately.

Thanks for your time and feedback. You are right.
Except for the last two articles, all other articles were written with
the intention to introduce a layman to digital devices.
I have just resumed blogging. I will surely improve my articles
according to your feedback.
I am enthusiastic about bringing more and more developers to the Linux
community.
I wish your support in the future also.

Regards,
Amit Kumar