KVM syscalls

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Sun Jul 11 13:52:31 EDT 2021

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 05:36:12PM +0000, Simon Connah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope this is an appropriate place to post this question. I want to make a very simple frontend to KVM, but I have no idea what syscalls the Linux kernel exposes to allow userspace programs to work with KVM virtual machines. Can someone point me in the right direction, please? I have no idea where to look for this information.

Look at the include/uapi/linux/kvm* files, that is the interface between
userspace and the kernel for KVM.

But you might want to look at using something like libvirt, which
handles most of this already for you.  Or look at the source for libvirt
if you want to do it all yourself.

Good luck!

greg k-h