how to avoid CPU watchdog error during debug

ckim at etri.re.kr ckim at etri.re.kr
Sun Aug 29 21:46:31 EDT 2021

> since many things are time depending in the kernel it is difficult to stop
> parts of the kernel. The question is if it is really absolutely necessary
> to do this? Why you can not do it by logging with printk?
>
> Debugging is described in:
> https://www.doc-developpement-durable.org/file/Projets-
> informatiques/cours-&-manuels-
> informatiques/Linux/Linux%20Kernel%20Development,%203rd%20Edition.pdf
>
> See Chapter 18 Debugging
>
> Thanks! Bye Philipp

Hi, Philipp,
I've found your answer too late. Thanks for the info(I learned something
about the early_prink from the book).
Actually, shortly after I sent my question, I learned how to make printk
appear in the console (not in the dmesg buffer) and was using it.
(I added the line "kernel.prink = 5 4 1 7" in the /etc/sysctl.conf file.
So I've set the default console log level to 5 making default printk appear
in the console.)
Thanks!

Chan