USB/HID: Device with multiple interfaces

José Expósito jose.exposito89 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 11:27:01 EDT 2021

Hi all,

I'm trying to solve an issue with a mouse that only reports battery over
Bluetooth. I hope you can help me.

When connected over Bluetooth, the mouse registers one HID descriptor
containing both mouse and power device collections.

However, when it's connected over USB, I can see using lsusb that 3 interfaces
are available and, unlike with Bluethoot, the HID descriptors containing mouse
and power device are in different interfaces.
The battery percentage is not reported in this case.

So far I've been able to get the battery percentage in the driver by manually
calling devm_power_supply_register and submitting an URB.

My question is: since the HID descriptors with the power device collection is
present but in a different interface, is there a way to associate both
interfaces to the same physical device and get the battery percentage
automatically?

Thank you very much in advance,
Jose