How do the kernel boot parameters work (especially "toram")?

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 11:50:29 EDT 2021

On 8/27/21 6:03 AM, Gueven Bay wrote:
> With kernel boot parameters I mean the arguments you give on the grub
> command line to the kernel. Just like "toram" which on some distros
> work and on many doesn't.

I'm not familiar with "toram", but it's possible that it's not actually
a kernel parameter.  Not everything that's passed on the kernel command
line is actually a kernel parameter; see dracut.cmdline(7) for a bunch
of examples.

Actual kernel parameters are implemented with various macros defined in
include/linux/moduleparam.h.