Missing RUST_EXAMPLE option in linux-next

Manas manas18244 at iiitd.ac.in
Thu Apr 1 01:19:16 EDT 2021

Hi, I am working on a device driver in rust in linux-next as an academic
project. I used the following command to create .config:

$ make LLVM=1 menuconfig

But, sometimes the RUST_EXAMPLE option is not visible in menuconfig
(under /Device Drivers/Character devices/). It seemingly happens at random
that this option disappears, despite having a working rust nightly environment
(and other dependencies).

Can someone point me to why is this happening?

Also, if this is not the right place for this query, please let me know.

Thank you
--
Manas
CSAM Undergraduate | 2022