Computing resources required for kernel development

Harsh chopra serviceprovider.tester at gmail.com
Sat May 30 11:26:21 EDT 2020

Hi everyone,
I have been following the Kernel Hacking steps to submit my first patch but
I am facing problem in the kernel compilation as its taking more than a day
may be due to low computing resources..
I have Ubuntu 20.04 LTS with 4GB  DDR3 ram 1 TB HDD, Intel i3  2.GHZ and 4
cores but I have been using virt-manager for the kernel development with
CentOS 8.1 (minimal req.) and  resources 70 GB storage, 2 GB ram and 2
cores.
Thus if anyone could suggest how much computing power to have or any other
method so that I could make my development process smooth.