Regarding Linux kernel SMP and task switching CPU

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Jul 13 00:20:54 EDT 2020

On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 12:24:46 -0400, William Tambe said:
> On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 7:00 AM CVS <cvs268 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > are there platform specific functions that are called to detect change ?
> > What is it that you wish to do with this?
>
> I am doing porting work; I would like to be able to update
> mm_struct->context when a task migrates to another CPU.

That shouldn't be a big issue - there should already be architecture
independent code that calls a function to do this sort of thing on task
migration, and all you have to do is provide a "Here's how the actual update is
done on the Wombat architecture" function in the appropriate place in the arch/
tree.