What methods or tools could be used to investigate the causes of hard or soft lockup?

孙世龙 sunshilong sunshilong369 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 05:02:01 EDT 2020

Hi, list

I have frequently faced sort lockups and hard lockups.
Here are some example logs:
1. Watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 22s! [cantest:1669]
2. NMI watchdog: Watchdog detected hard LOCKUP on CPU 0

What methods or tools could be used to investigate the causes of hard
or soft lockups?
I have been stuck with such problems for a long time.
I would be grateful if somebody shed some light on this issue.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Best regards.