transfer physical memory page to swap disk

Sumit Kumar sumit686215 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 07:31:31 EST 2020

Hi,
Does C/C++ provide any API / system call that enables user to force the
application to transfer some its physical pages to swap disk ? If so, is it
also possible to obtain the least used page using some API ?

AFAIK, linux kernel is supposed to do this as part of memory management. I
want to know if the kernel also exposes some API to enable users to control
their application's memory management. I have many applications running at
a time that cause too much memory consumption. I believe that experimenting
with memory management can help.

 --
Thanks and Regards,
Sumit