Confusion about icsk_accept_queue

tianyu chen ch.tianyu89 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 12:34:41 EDT 2020

When learning TCP three way handshake, I learn that TCP has a syn queue for
those connections that haven't been established, and an accept queue for
those who have been established. But I can only find one queue named
*icsk_accept_queue* in  *inet_connection_sock *struct, and I find that when
the function *tcp_conn_request() *is called, the connection in the queue
will be removed. But I haven't seen the connection being added to another
queue. The accept() just return this connection. So I'm really confused.

- Why is there only one queue *icsk_accept_queue?*

- Is  *icsk_accept_queue *the syn queue?

- If it is, then where is the accept queue?

Thanks for reading, hope for any possible help.