Help to test the powerpc architecture

jim.cromie at gmail.com jim.cromie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 03:28:24 EDT 2020

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 3:15 AM Santosh S <santosh at fossix.org> wrote:

> On Sunday, 2 August, 2020 7:57:03 PM IST Oscar Carter wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm working in a new feature for the powerpc (64 bits little endian)
> > architecture. Since I can't test it in a real environment, I need to
> > emulate this arch. To do this I use qemu-ppc. My problem is that the
> > built kernel don't boot in qemu.
> >
> > To build the kernel:

I would recommend you try virtme, particularly virtme-config-kernel

[jimc at frodo build-v1]$ virtme-configkernel --help
usage: virtme-configkernel [-h] [--arch ARCHITECTURE] [--allnoconfig |
--defconfig | --update]

Configure a kernel for virtme

optional arguments:
  -h, --help           show this help message and exit
  --arch ARCHITECTURE  Target architecture

Mode:
  --allnoconfig        Overwrite configuration with a virtme-suitable
allnoconfig (unlikely to work)
  --defconfig          Overwrite configuration with a virtme-suitable defconfig
  --update             Update existing config for virtme