probe fail, what with devm_kzalloc, kcalloc data?

Tomek The Messenger tomekthemessenger at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 08:47:50 EDT 2020

Hi
What happens with devm_kzalloc and devm_kcalloc data when probe function
returns not 0?
Is this memory automatically deallocated?
Example below:

static struct my_data* my_static_pointer;

static int somedriver_do_probe(struct platform_device *pdev)
{
int ret;
struct device *dev = &pdev->dev;

dev_info(dev, "probe\n");

my_static_pointer= devm_kzalloc(dev, sizeof(struct my_data), GFP_KERNEL);
if (! my_static_pointer )
return -ENOMEM;
let's say memory was also allocated with devm_kcalloc somewhere in the
meantime
//do sthm:
if (ret != 0 )
   return -EINVAL; //let's assume there we returned from probe, what with
allocated so far memory???
}