Generating Log of Guest Physical Addresses from a Kernel Function and Perform Analysis at Runtime

Sahibzada Irfanullah irfan.gomalian at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 02:45:39 EDT 2019

Thank you very for your help. I have checked the ftrace, and perf. I think
it won't work for me.I am not analyzing/tracing the the kernel. I want to
develop my own dynamic tool like Pin Tool
<https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/pin-a-dynamic-binary-instrumentation-tool>
(or moudule which can be loaded/unloaded at run time dynamically), so that
I can easily tune/modify for different purposes , and to get any type of
specific information from the kernel/KVM, espcecially in the context of
virtualization (guest and/or host memory management). That's why I take a
start from generating the log of guest physical addresses from the kernel
by saving it to the file; with the passage of time, I will add the
funcationalities to it.
Thank you.

On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 at 03:05, Ruben Safir <ruben at mrbrklyn.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 07:08:14PM +0200, Greg KH wrote:
> http://amsekharkernel.blogspot.com/2012/01/what-are-ways-of-communication-bw-user.html
> >,

> > > The kernel has GPS data in it?
> >
> > Of course it does, why wouldn't it? :)
> >

> So when the Nazi's and current Nazi's want to put me in the oven that
> they can't track me.
>
> Or put it this way, if it doesn't make the hardware GO, why would it be
> in the kernel?
>
> My computer doesn't even have a GPS...and it is going to stay that way.

Regards,

*Mr. Irfanullah*