remote kernel developing with arm soc board eval kit

Oliver Graute oliver.graute at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 11:03:58 EDT 2019

Hello list,

I've a soc board on my desk in the office and would like to know what is
the best practice to do kernel development remotely with such a board.
In the office I can plug in sd-cards or switch power off which I can't
do if I'am not physically present. But I think with a tftp/nfs setup and
ssh/minicom I can do something in that direction.

So I would like to know how the real kernel developers build such a
setup and how they handle kernel panics without driving back to office
or call a collegue.

Best regards,

Oliver