Netlink socket returns NULL in vmx.c kernel file

Irfan Ullah (울라 이르판) irfan at dke.khu.ac.kr
Tue Oct 22 22:43:22 EDT 2019

Dear All,
I am posting again the same problem that is "Netlink socket creation
returns NULL" when I try to create it in handle_ept_violation() in the
vmx.c file. Actually, I am trying to use netlink to send information (i.e.,
guest physical address) from kernel space to user space.
The netlink socket creation is not working in the context of vmx.c, but it
works perfectly when I test my code in a kernel module and load it. Code is
in the attachement.
I have tested many things such as shared memory, kernel thread, sleep
function, etc. but nothing worked out.
Can you please what's the problem?

*What's the best too/way that can provide full duplex (two-way)
communication between kernel and user spaces in any context (from any
kernel source file)*.
Thank you.
--
*Best Regards,*