Can't seem to find a maintainer for init/* files

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Oct 21 09:45:57 EDT 2019

On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 01:37:33 +1300, Paulo Miguel Almeida said:

> In a second approach:
> I tried making "git log" to list all the commits this particular file was involved in
> (so I could use --follow) but I ended up with loads of commits that change other sections
> of the file (not the lines we were looking for) and because of that I didn't feel like I
> was meeting the "'git blame' to show you the original 6 commits rather than the
> cleanup" rule.

Hint 1:  'git log' supports --no-merges which can simplify things sometimes.

Hint 2:   When specifying a commit, there is a ~ operator that can be used to advantage here.

So once you figure out which commit did the whitespace patching, it's easy to get
git blame to cough up what the tree looked like just before.