[RFC] LKML Archive in Maildir Format

Bjorn Helgaas bhelgaas at google.com
Tue Mar 5 15:48:36 EST 2019

OK, so I understand how to clone archives from lore.kernel.org and how
to convert a git archive to a maildir (thanks, Konstantin!)

What I *don't* understand is how to effectively read this locally.
Ideally I'd like to run mutt, possibly with notmuch for indexing.  But
a maildir with 3M files seems impractical.  I did actually try it
(without notmuch), but it takes mutt about 5 minutes to start up.  And
the maildir is about 23G, compared with 7.5G for the git archive.

Any pointers?  I guess there's no mutt backend that can read a
public-inbox archive directly?