Need help: how to locate failure from irq_chip subsystem

Pintu Agarwal pintu.ping at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 07:35:03 EST 2019

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 5:23 PM Sai Prakash Ranjan
<saiprakash.ranjan at codeaurora.org> wrote:

> >> Irqchip driver is "drivers/irqchip/irq-gic-v3.c". The kernel you are
> >> using is msm-4.9 I suppose or some other kernel?
> >>
> > Yes, I am using customized version of msm-4.9 kernel based on Android.
> > And yes the irqchip driver is: irq-gic-v3, which I can see from config.
> >
> > But, what I wanted to know is, how to find out which driver module
> > (hopefully under: /drivers/soc/qcom/) that register with this
> > irq_chip, is getting triggered at the time of crash ?
> > So, that I can implement irq_hold function for it, which is the cause of crash.
> >

> Hmm, since this is a bootup crash, *initcall_debug* should help.
> Add "initcall_debug ignore_loglevel" to kernel commandline and
> check the last log before crash.

OK thanks Sai, for your suggestions.
Yes, I already tried that, but it did not help much.

Anyways, I could finally find the culprit driver, from where null
reference is coming.
So, that issue is fixed.
But, now I am looking into another issue.
If required, I will post further...

Thanks,
Pintu