__clksrc_of_table and "clocksource_probe: no matching clocksources found"

Guilherme Costa glhrmcosta91 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 16:36:41 EDT 2019

Em ter, 23 de abr de 2019 às 17:18, Valdis Klētnieks
<valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu> escreveu:
> > 2 - Why is for_each_matching_node_and_match not getting any matches? I
> > did not find where __clksrc_of_table is initialized, so maybe it's
> > because it is empty?
>
> My first guess is that your hardware has a busted device tree that doesn't
> have an entry pointing at any actual valid hardware clock device.  Could
> be an incorrect address, or the DT says it's a Frobozz1 clock but the actual
> hardware has a Frobozz2 that won't probe using the Frobozz1 driver, or
> something else....

I see... My board is based on the AM335x evaluation kit
(am335x-evm.dts). My DT file differs only at the topmost level from
the EVM file,
using the exact same includes as the other. As I imagined this would
be a more "elementary" configuration, I looked through a bunch of
.dtsi
files but found nothing. Any hints on what I should look for?