dev process - reduce mistakes

Tobin C. Harding me at tobin.cc
Tue Sep 18 19:35:36 EDT 2018

Hi,

I'm after some advice from those more experienced with [kernel]
development please.

What systems do you have in place to help catch mistakes?  In other
words; what processes do you use when coding and submitting patches to
help eliminate simple mistakes?  So far my best method is getting a
patch [set] ready then waiting until the next day before reviewing the
set and submitting.  I am facing an issue where by when doing (less than
super interesting) large patch sets (like docs fixes) that by the time I
get to the final review my eyes glaze over and I'm still missing
mistakes.

My future maintainers will thank you ;)

thanks,
Tobin.