Implementing tight time constraints for read/write with USB serial (ftdi_sio)

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Wed Sep 5 06:48:58 EDT 2018

On Wed, Sep 05, 2018 at 12:25:47PM +0200, Thomas Bracht Laumann Jespersen wrote:
> We need to find a solution somehow, so thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep
> digging for solutions, but if you have any good resources I should look at, I'm
> all ears.

Do not use USB for anything that you have to do that is deterministic.
Unless you can handle dropping data on the floor (like USB audio will
do).  Other than that, why not just use the bus-specific hardware
controller for this type of bus to monitor and read the data?  That
hardware is available, right?

Good luck!

greg k-h