MMU related code

Steffen Vogel post at steffenvogel.de
Mon Oct 29 03:45:15 EDT 2018

Hi Carter,

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 03:33:02PM +0800, Carter Cheng wrote:
> Is the /mm directory the correct place to look? It seems to contain memory
> related code but from what little I have read it seems at a higher level
> building in some cases at least on kmalloc.

Most if the paging/MMU code is also architecture specific which means
that it resides in the arch/mm subfolders.

I saw that there was a MM 101 presentation last week at the Open Source
Summit [1], Unfortunatetly, it is quite high-level and most likelt
uninterestting to you.

But there is also a huge subsection in the official kernel documentation
which has many references to the mm/ and arch/mm code [2].

Cheers,
Steffen

[1] https://events.linuxfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/MM-101-Introduction-to-Linux-Memory-Management-Christoph-Lameter-Jump-Trading-LLC.pdf
[2] https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/vm/index.html