Diploma project with the Linux kernel

Boian Karatotev boian4o1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 09:53:57 EDT 2018

> You mean you want to re-invent the current checkpoint-restart code that's
> been
> in the kernel since v3.10 back in June 2013? (see kernel/kcmp.c for the
> gory
> details).

Too bad I hadn't found this out earlier. I had hopes this wasn't really
done in kernels, so I had hopes to at least try as a lurning opportunity as
an official project. I guess not

It doesn't take a lot of effort to ask whether they have tasks that might
> become a student project,

I'll do that, thanks!

I guess this is pointless doing, so I'll look around elsewhere. Does anyone
know anything else that might be suitable for a school project?