Why eeprom driver is read-only ?

Chriz Chow cmcvista at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 08:48:13 EST 2018

Hello,

It seems that some drivers in drivers/misc/eeprom does support write access. For example at24.c seems to have a function at24_write().

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/drivers/misc/eeprom/at24.c

However some drivers doesn’t have write support, I believe it is because of simplicity - some eeprom are used for read only, such as ddr4 spd eeprom.

Point me out if I am wrong.

Chriz

Enviado desde mi iPhone