develoment workflow: how to avoid duplicate work ?

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon May 28 23:32:15 EDT 2018

On Mon, 28 May 2018 23:07:06 -0400, Hugo Lefeuvre said:

> Did I miss something ? Is there a specific place where I can coordinate
> with the rest of the kernel dev community and make people aware I'm
> working on this particular issue ? (apart from the bug tracker, which
> doesn't seem to be very active when it comes to the staging subtree)

The canonical place to check would be the git tree for drivers/staging:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging.git/

In general, if there's other people doing active development, they'll show
up in 'git log -- drivers/staging/pi433/'

And there's only one person doing a lot of patching - and most of those are
coding style - though he did do a locking fix in April.

What particular issue are you looking at?