How to include two bootup logos in the kernel and choose which one to load via kernel bootup arguments

Davis Roman davis.roman84 at gmail.com
Tue May 15 11:00:44 EDT 2018

Hello,

I have two identical embedded devices where the only difference is one
has a 5" screen and the other has a 7" screen.

Currently I created a custom boot up screen for our 7" version and
stored it in drivers/video/logo/logo_custom_clut224.ppm. On bootup, it
shows up fine.

Now I would like to figure out how to create another bootup screen for
the 5" version and store it in the kernel as well ( perhaps
drivers/video/logo/logo_custom_clut224-5in.ppm )

In u-boot, I can detect which version I have by poking our devicetree
blob however I'm not sure how I would dynamically tell the kernel
which image to use.

Any ideas regarding how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Davis