kernel image path

Sumit Kumar sumit686215 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 17:42:31 EDT 2018

Hi Valdis,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I wanted to find out where the kernel images are stored to check their
size.

My local kernel repository size has inflated to around 14 GB after
building kernel a few times. I was wondering if it keeps previous images
as well which could be taking a lot of disk space. By looking into arch
folder it seems kernel image takes around 8 MB. Max. space is used by
drivers folder - I guess its the object files from all the drivers. I am
again left wondering if building kernel drivers multiple times keeps the
older driver object or replaces it with newer one.

I am little bit short on disk space right and hence needed to clear few
things out.

--

Thanks and Regards,

Sumit