Where is the __per_cpu_offset array initialized??

落痕 losemyheaven at foxmail.com
Sun Mar 11 22:48:30 EDT 2018

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for your help.
But I'm still not sure how it is implemented.
I'll continue to do some research on the issue, and post my answer if I can.

Thanks
Larry

From:  "Laurent Navet"<laurent.navet at gmail.com>;
Date:  Sat, Mar 10, 2018 09:45 PM
To:  "落痕"<losemyheaven at foxmail.com>;
Cc:  "kernelnewbies"<kernelnewbies at kernelnewbies.org>;
Subject:  Re: Where is the __per_cpu_offset array initialized??

Hi Larry,

> Does anyone can tell me where the array __per_cpu_offset is initialized on
> x86_64 arch,
> I remembered it was initialized in function setup_per_cpu_areas,
> but it seems that it is not the case on x86-64 arch.

It seems your memory is right and code is shared with x86.
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/arch/x86/kernel/setup_percpu.c#L29

Laurent.
--
« On ne résout pas un problème avec les modes de pensée qui l’ont engendré. »
« You cannot solve a problem with the same thinking that created it. »