where and when the kernel destroy devices memory if there were no matched driver for it?

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Wed Jun 27 08:06:58 EDT 2018

A: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post
Q: Were do I find info about this thing called top-posting?
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

A: No.

http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/on_top

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 04:57:56PM +0800, kipade wrote:
> If so, I make a driver was compiled as module and inserted by insmod
> after some time the system booted, the driver could find the device if it
> did not compiled as module. But, the fact is, my driver could not find
> its device which was created during booting from device tree.

I don't know, sorry, you are going to have to be a lot more specific.
Do you see the device in /sys/devices/ ?  If so, are you sure your
driver probe function is called?  If not, then work on fixing that.

Do you have a pointer to your driver code anywhere we can review it to
see what you are trying to do?

thanks,

greg k-h