clk: timestamps

Subhashini Rao Beerisetty subhashbeerisetty at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 10:14:21 EDT 2018

Hi All,

In the kernel code I see it supports CLOCK_REALTIME \ CLOCK_MONOTONIC  \
CLOCK_MONOTONIC_RAW timestamps. Can someone explain what’s major difference
between those three modes and when to use which one?

I’ve N number of Linux machines in the network with the same software
running. Basically I need to collect the timestamps in kernel mode in all
the machines and then compare, which(either CLOCK_REALTIME or
CLOCK_MONOTIC_RAW or MONOTONIC) one would be the correct way?

Thanks,