mmap huge page and MAP_SYNC flag support

David Frank david_frank95 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 17:27:04 EDT 2018

 By the way, when I havemmap(NULL, MAPSIZE, PROT_WRITE_|PROT_READ, MAP_HUGETLB|MAP_PRIVATE, fd, 0):where MAPSIZE= 2GB,it fails witherror = 22, invalid argument, without MAP_HUGETLB, it was ok.

    On Thursday, July 12, 2018, 4:44:35 PM EDT, <valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:

 On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 20:33:32 -0000, David Frank said:
>  I got it from hereHow To Install Kernel 4.15 RC7 on Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Elementary OS And Other Ubuntu Derivatives | LinuxG.net

Looks like you got the linux-image-... .deb but didn't do the linux-headers-... .deb(s).

(And I have no idea why they list 2 different linux-headers .deb's. Anybody understand
Ubuntu's mindset enough to explain that? I get paid to deal with RedHat-based stuff...)_______________________________________________
Kernelnewbies mailing list
Kernelnewbies at kernelnewbies.org