Question about watchdog

bing zhu zhubohong12 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 08:44:29 EDT 2018

Dear Sir/Ma'am
Thank you for your time ,i'm a student new to linux kernel.at present ,i'd
like to create a kernel thread
say use kthread_create func ,my question is :how can i make this thread to
run on a cpu and never get switched or scheduled , there is a
while(1).....structure in that thread i need it to do work . at present i
comes with errors like "NMI watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for
23s! [test thread :1881]",i understand there is a watchdog but is there
anyway i can feed the dog myself and let my thread have cpu as much as i
want ?
thanks again ,any information would be great !
best wishes!