list of all subsystems (swap space)

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Jan 19 19:54:08 EST 2018

On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 21:04:32 +0530, inventsekar said:

> 1. so I tried to find out which subsystem the swap space comes under..

There's nothing for swap in particular.  The decision of what pages to move out
of memory is in the code under mm/ (memory management). The actual  I/O
to/from a swap area depends on what the backing store is - a disk partition, a
file on a filesystem, an NFS mount, or whatever - the I/O gets handled by
whatever drives any other I/O for that target.

MAINTAINERS tells us:

MEMORY MANAGEMENT
L:      linux-mm at kvack.org
W:      http://www.linux-mm.org