Help! Can't subscribe kernel mail list

Ozgur ozgur at goosey.org
Wed Jan 10 05:44:56 EST 2018

10.01.2018, 11:38, "Douglas Su" <d0u9.su at outlook.com>:
> After I sent 'subscribe linux-kernel' to majordomo at vger.kernel.org,  I got an undelivered message, in which said:

Hello,

do you know why doesn't it meet outlook.com lkml policy requirements?

I think all peoples sent 2000 e-mails are daily to LKML and if most of these some users use for example outlook.com, Outlook had many e-mail barriers. Outlook's own policy rules can't remove the LKML traffic and for example can detect it as spam and it may not pass the important patch updates to the Linux developers and users.

This is a precaution have LKML members have always send and received to provide e-mail communications.

>     majordomo at vger.kernel.org (majordomo at vger.kernel.org)
>     Your message wasn't delivered because the destination email system rejected your message for security or policy reasons. For example, the email address might only accept messages from certain senders, or it might not accept certain types of messages, like those larger than a specific size.
>
>     Contact the recipient (by phone, for example) and work with them and their email admin to determine what policy or setting blocked your message and what you should do to make sure that future
>     messages from you won't be rejected.
>
>     For more information, see Status code 5.7.1.
>
>     vger.kernel.org gave this error:
>     Hello [40.92.4.67], for your MAIL FROM address <d... at outlook.com> policy analysis reported: Your address is not liked source for email.
>
> I searched Mail list FAQ, but still have no idea. It seems that the vger.kernel.org mail server banned my mail address.

Regards

Ozgur