Understanding memory fragmentation in Linux kernel

Amit Agarwal amit at amit-agarwal.co.in
Mon Dec 31 01:28:45 EST 2018

On 2018-12-31 06:22, Manish Katiyar wrote:

> How do you know it is because of memory ? If you have sufficient RAM then it should be able to allocate. Does you application fail with ENOMEM ?
> Without knowing the error code from application it's hard to suggest anything.

There is no debugging enabled on site and there is nothing we can do now
to enable it and it is happening in only one site. But from whatever
logs I have, it is failing in calloc.

I am not requesting help in resolving the issue with application (I will
be able to debug that), but only need help in understanding the memory
fragmentation part. ( I gave details of original problem so that I can
explain what I am trying to understand and why).

--
Thanks,
-aka