[RFC] LKML Archive in Maildir Format

Konstantin Ryabitsev konstantin at linuxfoundation.org
Sun Dec 16 14:55:05 EST 2018

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 09:21:35AM -1000, Joey Pabalinas wrote:
> That was my first attempt, but the ducumentation for the public-inbox
> format is sort of terrible,

I'm surprised you think so, because it's basically a simple file called
"m" that is updated on each commit and contains the body of the
message.

> and after a few hours trying to convert it to Maildir I just gave up.

It's as easy as something like this:

for commit in $(git rev-list master); do:
  git show $commit:m > maildir/new/$commit
done

You have to do it per each of the shards for the complete archive.

-K