How to assess how much stack space kernel function may use?

Lev Olshvang levonshe at yandex.com
Thu Aug 16 09:24:33 EDT 2018

Hello all

I am writing kernel module function that calls for vfs function , so I am not aware how deep kernel stack can grow due to my calls

I need to take 512 bytes for some processing, and I know kernel stack is 4K only.

My function is also part of calling chain, so I do not know how much stack is used before my function is called.

What dara can I get from kernel during compilation and run about stack utiilizaton to help me in estimation ?

Lev