first patch question

Greg Gallagher greg at embeddedgreg.com
Tue Aug 7 00:15:04 EDT 2018

Hi,
   I creating my first patch to the kernel.  I followed the
instruction on the newbies wiki and everything went smoothly.  I got
feedback from the maintainer to fix all the alignment issues in the
file instead of just the one i picked. My question is if I fix 10
alignment issues identified by checkpatch,pl should each fix be a
separate commit? Should I have a 10 commit patch set for the 10
alignment issues or is it better to make them all one commit since all
the commits are fixing alignment issues?

Thanks for our time,

Greg